What used to help me when I spent nights awake was writing stuff down. I have diaries full of all my teenage worries - I'm so in love with Joe but he doesn't love me!! I have a GIANT pimple on my forehead and the world is about to collapse!! I hope I remember all my lines in the show tomorrow!! And so forth. I've been doing it a little bit in here too, cranky about taking medication and people not understanding and the like. I thought this time, instead of writing about all the crappy stuff going on, I'd write about the good stuff. Set myself in a positive frame of mind, to aim for a better overall day and a more fulfilling night's sleep. So, please bear with me as I brag about my life.
- Despite it being hard, I really like my job at the moment. I love all seeing all the different animals every day. I love talking to the vets over surgery and asking them how and why they do stuff. I LOVE pus!!! It's so disgusting and awesome. And I love being needed, even though I do end up turning down a lot of shifts.
- I have (and have had) some great housemates. I've been so lucky in that respect - I've gotten along pretty evenly with all of them so far. When I first contemplated the idea of a share house I was freaking out... I'm too weird to be in close quarters with normal people!! Turns out I'm not too bad. Way to go me!
- I'm so glad to be studying again. It makes me happy to use my brain. I like expanding my knowledge.
- I love my cat, and my lorikeets. They just give me so much joy. Except when Hugo pees everywhere. And when Beaker bites me. Otherwise, sensational pets.
- I have some really great mates. I've been thinking recently - some of the people I hang out with I've known for over 10 years!! I'm 26, so that's a long time. And we're still really good friends. I've just recently been connecting with other people that I haven't seen in a long time. It's nice to know that, despite the gap in contact, we're still able to get along really well.